We are excited to announce that the paper “Revising precipitation – water storages – vegetation signatures with GRACE-based data assimilation” by Helena Gerdener et al. was published in the Journal of Hydrology. It is freely accessible here until August 20.
Prof. Petra Döll will provide a talk about continental water on Wednesday, 29.06.2022, in Hannover, Germany, as part of the lecture series “The Changing Earth“. Registration is possible until Friday, 24.06.2022.
We are pleased to announce the publication of the review paper “Remote Sensing of Surface Water Dynamics in the Context of Global Change – A Review” by Patrick Sogno et al. Check it out. The full citation is available here.
We are happy to contribute to the many different conferences. Please check out our contributions. The full citations can be found here.
- 1st International Water Summit, Sde Boker, Israel
Talk on Sun, 22 May
– P. Döll: Global-scale quantification of drought hazards and risks: Selection of indicators for a global drought early warning system
- EGU General Assembly, Vienna, Austria (and online) – short oral presentations
Wed, 25 May
– 15:22 CEST: G. Guillet and T. Bolch: Probabilistic estimation of glacier surface elevation changes from DEM differentiation: a Bayesian method for outlier filtering, gap filling and uncertainty estimation with examples from High Mountain Asia (EGU22-10073) in the session CR2.2
– 17.54 CEST: K.-H. Hsu et al.: Estimating groundwater storage changes for major river basins in France using a regional groundwater data set (EGU22-7127) in the session HS2.5.3
Thu, 26 May
– 10:41 CEST: J. Kusche et al.: How robust are estimates of hydrology-driven global mean sea level change based on modelling and GRACE data (EGU22-4091) in the session CL3.1.1
Fri, 27 May
– 8:30 CEST: D. Scherer et al.: Estimating Water Surface Slope of Rivers Using ICESat-2 Observations (EGU22-4110) in the session HS6.3
– 9:03 CEST: K. Schulze et al.: Joint assimilation of GRACE Total Water Storage Anomalies and In-Situ Streamflow Data into a Global Hydrological Model (EGU22-5321) in the session HS2.5.1
– 10:47 CEST: M. Hasan et al.: Improved groundwater simulations by multi-criteria calibration of a global hydrological model in the river basins of France (EGU22-7384) in the session HS8.2.11
– 11:19 CEST: H. Gerdener et al.: Modeled water – vegetation dynamics under revision using GRACE-based data assimilation (EGU22-6981) in the session HS2.5.1
- ESA Living Planet Symposium, Bonn, Germany
Talk on Mon, 23 May (3:10pm-3:20pm in the Plenary room)
– J. Kusche: Quantum Missions for Climate: Accelerating space solutions for a green future
Posters on Thu, 26 May (5.20pm-7pm)
– O. Elmi et al.: Spaceborne river discharge from a nonparametric stochastic quantile mapping function
– H. Gerdener et al.: Using GRACE-based assimilation for the revision of modeled water – vegetation dynamics
– K. Schulze et al.: Enhancing hydrological model output by joint satellite data assimilation
– C. Schwatke et al.: DAHITI – Next generation of water level time series of inland waters
– M. J. Tourian et al.: Estimation of inter-satellite and inter-track biases of satellite altimetry missions over lakes and reservoirs using surface area from satellite imagery
Posters on Fri, 27 May (12:20pm-2pm)
– O. Elmi and M. J. Tourian: Global dynamic river masks from Landsat imagery
Helena Gerdener introduces the new 0.5° global land water storage (GLWS) data set based on GRACE and GRACE-FO data assimilation at the GRACE-FO Science Team Meeting (13.10.2021 at 6.20pm CET).
Prof. Jürgen Kusche provides a public talk about the GlobalCDA research unit and some results at the Geodetic Colloquium at IGG, Uni Bonn (June 10 at 16:15 CEST). Everybody is most welcome to join. Please find all relevant Zoom information at this link.
- 26.-30.04.2021: We are happy to contribute to the EGU online conference. Please check out our contributions. The full citations can be found here.
Mon, 26 April
– 15.47 CEST: S. Mayr et al.: Uncertainty Estimation for a Global Inland Surface Water Time-Series (EGU2021-6399) in the session HS3.3
Thu, 29 April
– 9.09 CEST: K.-H. Hsu et al.: Using high-resolution groundwater data for the validation of a global hydrological model: evaluating WaterGAP and calibration/data assimilation (C/DA) performance over France (EGU21-1317) in the session HS2.5.1
– 9.21 CEST: K. Schulze et al.: Joint assimilation of GRACE satellite and in-situ discharge observations into a global hydrological model (EGU21-7511) in the session HS2.5.1
– 9.28 CEST: A.T. Saraswati et al.: Surface deformations observed by GPS and its relation to groundwater variations in France (EGU21-15146) in the session G3.1
- 22.10.2020: We are happy that the new paper of Deggim et al. (2021) is submitted and is currently under review for the journal ESSD. The paper is a joint effort of many GlobalCDA members and introduces two public GRACE level-3 correction data sets that may be useful for hydrology data assimilation, drought assessment, climate model validation, GIA inversion, etc.
- 30.07.2020: The new paper of Müller-Schmied et al. (2021) is published describing the newest WaterGAP mode version 2.2d which is used by the GlobalCDA research unit.
- 30.04.2019: It is our honor that two GlobalCDA principal investigators (PI) are recipients of the EGU Division Medals of 2019. Prof. Petra Döll has been awarded the Henry Darcy Medal and Prof. Tonie van Dam has been awarded the Vening Meinesz Medal.
- 18.10.2018: Recipients of the EGU Division Medals of 2019
It is our honor that two GlobalCDA principal investigators (PI) are recipients of the EGU Division Medals of 2019. Prof. Petra Döll has been awarded the Henry Darcy Medal and Prof. Tonie van Dam has been awarded the Vening Meinesz Medal. They will receive their prizes at the EGU 2019 General Assembly, which will take place in Vienna on 7–12 April 2019.
- 15.12.2017: Agreement of GlobalCDA Project from the DFG